Electric Device Likely Started Deadly Fire

SANTA ANA  – An electrical failure in a personal electronic device is likely to have started a fire that killed two women and injured five others in a California home for disabled adults.

Orange County Fire Authority spokesman Steve Concialdi said Wednesday that the device was in a resident’s room. He declined to say what type of device it was.

The early morning blaze killed two women who lived at Mary’s Home in Santa Ana.

Five others were injured, including a firefighter and the 71-year-old caretaker.

The group home was licensed for six people but had five residents living there.

The fire caused $375,000 in damage to the home and its contents.

The names of the dead and injured have not yet been released.

(Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s