SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) — A two-alarm fire that injured two people in a high-rise building at San Francisco’s Parkmerced apartment complex early this morning, appears to have been accidentally sparked by a cigarette smoker who was too close to an oxygen tank.
Mobile App users click here to view the video
The fire broke out just after midnight Thursday morning on the sixth floor of the Park Merced building. Two people were transported to the hospital for injuries they suffered in the fire.
Investigators say the flames were contained to one apartment. There is smoke and water damage to surrounding units and to some apartments underneath on the fifth floor.
Once the fire was extinguished, residents were allowed back inside the building.
(Copyright 2014, KRON 4, All rights reserved.)