OJ Simpson Files New Appeal in Vegas Robbery Conviction

LAS VEGAS (AP) – O.J. Simpson’s lawyers have resubmitted their appeal to the Nevada Supreme Court seeking a new trial in the former football star’s Las Vegas kidnapping and armed robbery case.

Simpson’s lawyers turned in their 20,000-word appeal last month but were told by the court to reformat it.

The new 102-page document filed Wednesday asks the high court to reconsider whether Simpson’s trial attorney in 2008 had conflicts of interest and botched his defense.

Simpson’s former attorney, Yale Galanter, notes that a Nevada judge ruled last year that Simpson failed to demonstrate how Galanter’s actions changed the outcome of the case.

That judge said evidence was overwhelming that Simpson orchestrated the September 2007 kidnapping and robbery of two sports memorabilia dealers.

Next week is the 20th anniversary of the slaying of Simpson’s ex-wife and another man in Los Angeles.

(Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s