Family Displaced By Structure Fire Caused By Electrical Problem

PINOLE – An electrical problem with a clothes dryer caused a fire in Pinole on Saturday that has displaced a family, according to the Pinole Fire Department.

The fire in the 2500 block of Silvercrest Court was reported around 9:20 p.m., Battalion Chief Steve Akre said.

A woman who lived in the home was sleeping when the fire happened. She was alerted to the flames by an astute neighbor and escaped uninjured, Akre said.

Firefighters were able to contain the blaze to the garage, he said.

Four engines, one truck and two battalion chiefs responded, and were able to contain the fire before it damaged any adjacent homes.

In the wake of this fire, Akre is reminding people the importance of having a working smoke detector.

No firefighters were injured in the incident, Akre reported.

(Copyright 2014, Bay City News, All rights reserved.)

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s