Kidnapping Suspect Appears in LA Court

LOS ANGELES (AP) — The FBI says a Seattle man charged with kidnapping his 9-year-old son and fleeing with him on his sailboat is now in the United States.

Emily Langlie, a spokeswoman for the U.S. attorney’s office, says 46-year-old Jeffrey Ford Hanson appeared in a Los Angeles courtroom Monday afternoon and was ordered detained.

She says Hanson will be transported to Seattle for the next hearings in the case.

A U.S. federal arrest warrant was issued for Hanson on Sept. 12 after they believed he’d sailed away with his son, who had been last seen Aug. 28.

The FBI and Seattle police worked with local, state, federal and international partners to locate the Billy Hanson.

The boy was found by authorities in the island country of Niue.

(Copyright 2014, Associated Press, All rights reserved)

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s