ROSEVILLE, Calif. — An 11-year-old Roseville girl died while on a family vacation in Hawaii following a mysterious allergic reaction.
According to FOX40 in Stockton, Paige Warner was on a trip in Honolulu over Thanksgiving when an unknown allergic reaction put her in a coma.
She had food allergies and was sensitive to environmental conditions, her mother Karin Carpenter said. Typically, Carpenter said she was able to get her daughter’s responses under control.
Everything seemed fine when the family arrived in Hawaii. But after 10 to 15 minutes of swimming in a pool along with her younger sister Violet and a friend, Paige left the water to complain that her “nose was burning,” the girl’s mother, Karin Carpenter, told FOX40.
Then her throat started to swell up and she began to experience difficulty breathing.
“Usually, I could get it under control and this time I just knew something was wrong,” Carpenter said. “She looked at me and said, ‘I’m dying. I know I’m going to die because I can see the look on your face.'”
Paige was taken to the hospital. She passed away while still in Hawaii.
A post on the fundraising site GoFundMe says Paige “suffered a severe allergic reaction that caused her lungs to closed up and stop her heart.”
“She received CPR for about an hour before they got her heart going again.”
Paige’s sister has been trying her best to keep her grieving family upbeat.
“Violet has been our ray of sunshine, keeping us eating and just taking care of ourselves,” Karen told FOX40.
Mobile App users click here to view the video
(Copyright 2014, KRON 4, All rights reserved.)