Palo Alto House Fire Sparked By Oven

PALO ALTO –  Two occupants of a home in Palo Alto were able to make it out of their house safely after their oven caught fire today, fire officials said.

Fire crews responded to a one-alarm fire at a single-family home at 2906 Cowper St. in Palo Alto at 3:53 p.m., said Palo Alto Fire Department Battalion Chief Bobby Davis.

Davis said a man and woman self-evacuated before fire crews arrived.

The fire was mostly contained to the oven and parts of the kitchen but smoke caused damage throughout the house, Davis said. Fire crews doused the blaze around 4:03 p.m. and Davis said

firefighters left the scene roughly 35 to 45 minutes later.There were no injuries reported, he said.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s