SAN JOSE — One woman and her two dogs were displaced this morning by a two-alarm fire at her home in the foothills of eastern San Jose, according to San Jose fire Capt. Mike Van Elgort.
The fire in the large single-story home was reported at 10:05 a.m., and caused moderate damage before firefighters got it under control at 10:53 a.m., Elgort said.
Investigators believe the fire was accidental, and Elgort said it likely resulted from problems with the woman’s fireplace.
The Red Cross is helping the woman find suitable shelter tonight, Elgort said.
No injuries were reported.