SAN MATEO (BCN) — A hazardous materials crew was dispatched this morning to a hotel in San Mateo to investigate what may be a spill of pool chemicals, according
The incident was reported 10:45 a.m. at the Residence Inn at 2000 Winward Way, according to police.
“It looks like the pool maintenance crew spilled some chemicals,” Sgt. Rick Decker said.
Decker said the pool put off an odor and chlorine may be responsible for the smell. The hazmat crew is investigating to ensure that there is no threat to the public, Decker said.
Police are asking hotel guests to remain in their rooms and shelter in place and street closures are in effect on Winward Way.
Officials at the Residence Inn could not immediately be reached for comment.