Kitchen Fire Displaces CoCo Co. Family

RODEO (KRON) — A woman and her toddler son were able to escape a fire that broke out in their Rodeo apartment Thursday afternoon.

Firefighters were called to the 500 block of Vaqueros Avenue after getting reports of a fire at a two-story apartment building.

The mother told fire officials that she and her 3-year-old son were resting in a bedroom when they started to smell smoke.

She saw that there was a fire in the kitchen, and quickly evacuated with her son.

Firefighters were able to contain the fire to the kitchen area.

They think the fire started when a cooking appliance was left on and unattended.

Because of the quick response, the fire was only estimated to have done about $25,000 of damage to the apartment.

The mother and her son were the only people displaced from the fire.

The American Red Cross was able to help the two find a place to stay.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s