Teen dies after being electrocuted taking selfie atop train

BUCHAREST, Romania (AP) — A teenager has died after she was electrocuted while taking selfies atop a parked train in northeast Romania.

Anna Ursu, 18, was hospitalized in the St. Spiridon Hospital in the city of Iasi on Friday with severe burns after she apparently touched a high-voltage wire above the train, which was parked in Iasi. A friend was also hospitalized in the St. Maria hospital with slight injuries, hospital spokesman Lucian Cernahonschi Wednesday.

Ursu was transferred to the Bucharest Burns Hospital where she died on Sunday.

Anisia Iliescu at the hospital’s emergency department on Wednesday it was impossible to save the girl. “Her whole body was burned,” Iliescu said.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s