MANILA, Philippines (KRON/CNN) — R&B artist Chris Brown was finally allowed to leave the Philippines on Friday, after he was initially blocked from leaving because of a contract dispute.
The 26-year-old singer headed out for Hong Kong at 9:30 p.m. local time, Eric Apolinario, a spokesman for the Civil Aviation Authority of the Philippines, told CNN.
The Philippine Department of Justice said it issued an order earlier this week to prevent Brown from leaving the country over a contract dispute stemming from a fraud complaint filed against him and a promoter for a canceled concert last New Year’s Eve.
In its complaint, the Maligaya Development Corp. alleged Brown and promoter John Michael Pio Roda canceled after being paid in full for a $1 million contract. The organizers said they were told at the time that Brown lost his passport and couldn’t make the concert.
Late Friday afternoon, Brown was able to obtain the certificate permitting him to leave, Immigration Bureau spokeswoman Elaine Tan said.
Before leaving the Philippines, Brown protested that he had nothing to do with the contract dispute and expressed frustration over being stranded.
“This is a very serious situation and someone needs to be held accountable for mixing my name up in all this,” the award-winning musician tweeted Friday. “I’ve done nothing wrong!!!”
“I have nothing to do with anything going on right now,” Brown tweeted. “I came back to Manila to do a make up show for New Years.”
Both the tweets he posted were deleted prior to his exit from the country.
Before boarding a private plane for his departure, Brown invited Filipinos to join him in a party in Macau.
“Manila, it was fun. I love y’all, man. If you can come to Macau, party tonight! Turn up,” he said in a video posted on Instagram.
Brown is scheduled to appear Friday night in Macau. Tickets are almost $600.