SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) — Neighbors who knew the suspect in the Maddy Middleton case said they were shocked of the 15-year-old boy’s arrest.
Criminal law attorney Michael Cardoza joined Pam Moore in the studio to talk about the case.
He was asked the following questions:
– Are you surprised that the suspect is not only young, but someone who knew Maddy?
– Prosecutors are deciding whether to charge him as an adult.. What goes into that decision?
– Because the suspect is so young, what is the process here? Will he be held in juvenile detention–until he reaches adult age?
– Do you think a jury will be swayed by the suspect’s age?
– How do you defend a client of this age for murder?