MENDOCINO COUNTY (KRON) — A dog has died after being exposed to toxic algae in the Eel River at a Potter Valley-Area Campground in Mendocino County.
Authorities have issued a toxic algae alert for the people living in Mendocino County.
This is the second confirmed canine fatality in two months that are linked to streams in Northern California coast area.
The first fatal incident happened in the Russian River in Sonoma.
Authorities are advising people to avoid any waters with algae scum and floating algae.