SPRINGFIELD, Mass (WWLP) — We’re only two days away from the busiest shipping day of the year.
If you do not want to pay extra for shipping, there is now less than a week to get your packages shipped.
According to UPS, your packages need to be sent by Friday, Dec. 18 if you want them to make it in time for Christmas. Another thing that could affect your package making it on time is the Black Friday rush.
Retailers like Target broke online sales records on Cyber Monday. That rush could turn into delays in shipping.
If that does happen, it could mean packages do not make it to consumers on time and retailers have to refund orders, or offer other compensation like they did in 2013.
The busiest shipping day of the year is Monday, Dec. 14th, and if you are expecting a delivery, be aware that there are people who have been caught trying to take packages off people’s front doorsteps.
There are however steps you can take to keep your deliveries safe.
- You can add a signature confirmation when you place the order. It comes with an extra fee but could be worth it.
- Some companies offer text alert services, so you know when your package is at the door.
- You can also have the packages delivered to your local mail facility…FedEx, UPS and the US Postal Service all provide this service–but also with a fee.
- Premium package control is a service which allows you to reschedule deliveries if you miss it.
- If your delivery does get stolen, be sure to file a police report right away. Some credit card companies have theft protection policies to cover the cost of your item.
But remember, in order for packages to even get delivered on time for Christmas, they must be shipped out by Tuesday.