SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) — On today’s edition of Rob Black’s Winners and Losers, our financial expert Rob Black and KRON 4’s Mark Danon talk about the seven money mistakes to avoid in 2016.
The Federal Reserve’s expected hike in its benchmark short-term interest rate this week – combined with rate increases the next few years – is likely to ripple across the U.S. economy, nudging up rates on everything from mortgages to bank savings rates and corporate bonds.
Seattle’s city council approved legislation allowing drivers of ride-hailing services like Uber Technologies Inc. and Lyft Inc. to unionize, giving them the ability to negotiate their pay and working conditions.
7 Money Mistakes to Avoid in 2016:
- Not taking advantage of your employer’s 401(k) match
- Buying a new car
- Living paycheck-to-paycheck
- Not getting serious about paying off debt
- Upgrading your housing.
- Failing to track expenses
- Not having written financial goals