Woman hurt in Livermore kitchen fire

LIVERMORE (KRON) — A woman was hurt in Livermore Thursday after firefighters said she suffered second-degree burns to her face when a fire ignited in her kitchen while cooking dinner.

Livermore firefighters said it happened at around 7 p.m. in the 4000 block of Scenic Avenue.

Responding firefighters arrived to find a two-story duplex with heavy smoke and fire coming out of a front window.

The first crews to arrive were able to extinguish the fire, firefighters said.LivermoreFire12.25.2015-01

The kitchen and the living room sustained fire damage, and there was smoke and heat damage to the other rooms on the first and second floors of the structure.

Firefighters said two occupants of the residence were preparing dinner when they noticed oil in a pan was smoking.

As the woman approached the pan, the oil overflowed and the pan ignited, burning the woman’s face.

Both occupants were able to exit the home and call 911.

The victim was transported to the hospital for treatment.

Bay City News contributed to this report

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s