Woman burned in Pinole house fire airlifted to hospital

PINOLE (BCN) — A Pinole resident suffered burn injuries in a fire that caused an estimated $72,000 in damage to her home Thursday evening, according to the
Rodeo-Hercules Fire District.

Fire crews were initially dispatched to the blaze shortly after 6 p.m. Thursday in the 2100 block of Peach Street.

Responding crews described finding thick smoke billowing from the front door and windows of the home. They discovered that the home’s living room was engulfed in flames, according to the fire district.

The fire district’s personnel, who were assisted by Contra Costa County Fire Protection District and Pinole Fire Department, extinguished the fire before it spread to neighboring homes.

Although no personnel were injured during the operation, an owner was found at the scene with second-degree burns to about 30 percent of her body.

She was flown to Santa Clara Valley Burn Center, according to fire district officials.

Battalion Chief Bryan Craig said the blaze was believed to be used by a floor heater that had an object left too close to it.

There was a large amount of belongings inside the older home, Craig said, so additional crews were required for salvage and overhaul. Crews had not completed the work until 8:38 p.m.

The home had significant damage to the interior and roof structure and sustained an estimated $72,000 in damage, Craig said.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s