(KRON) If you are lucky enough to be going to Super Bowl 50 at Levi’s Stadium there is a list of items you can and can’t bring into the game. Security for Sunday’s match up between the Carolina Panthers and the Denver Broncos will be exceedingly tight.
The NFL is asking spectators to arrive early because it will likely take you longer to make your way through security check points.
If you are bringing a bag to the Super Bowl here is the what the NFL wants anyone going to Lev’s Stadium to know:
- Bags that are clear plastic, vinyl or PVC and do not exceed 12” x 6” x 12” OR
- One-gallon clear plastic freezer bag (Ziploc bag or similar), AND
- Small clutch bags, 4.5” x 6.5”, with or without a handle or strap, can be taken into the stadium with one of the clear plastic bag options.
- An exception will be made for medically necessary items after inspection at a gate designated for this purpose.
Prohibited bags include, but are not limited to: purses or bags larger than 4.5” x 6.5”, coolers, briefcases, backpacks, fanny packs, cinch bags/draw string bags that are not clear or exceed 12” x 6” x 12”, luggage of any kind, computer bags, binocular cases and camera bags, and large traditional seat cushions that have pockets, zippers, compartments or covers.
Prohibited Items in Levi’s Stadium
The following list is a guide only for items that may not be brought into the stadium. It is not intended to be all-inclusive.
– All unmanned aircraft systems (drones), radio controlled model aircraft and other devices that can be operated in airspace
– Alcohol – Food
– Animals (except assistive animals) – Footballs
– Banner (object that obstructs the view of another) – Fireworks
– Beach Balls – Frisbees
– Beverages – Laser Lights and Pointers
– Camcorders – Mace / Pepper Spray
– Any containers such as: aerosol cans, coolers – Noisemakers and Horns
of any size, bottles – Selfie Sticks, Poles, Missile-like
objects of any kind
– Weapons, Knives and Explosives
Cameras and Binoculars – Small cameras and binoculars will be allowed. No spectator cameras with lenses more than six inches (6”) long will be permitted. Camcorders will be prohibited. Binocular cases and camera bags are not permitted.
The cooperation, patience and understanding of spectators is greatly appreciated by the NFL, Levi’s Stadium and the Santa Clara Police Department.
SECURITY SCREENING ON GAMEDAY BEGINS AT 11 A.M (PT).