SANTA CLARA (KRON) — Santa Clara is getting packed as fans flock to Levi’s Stadium for Super Bowl 50.
The Santa Clara Police Department is asking people to avoid the area unless you have tickets to the big game. Traffic control officers will be checking cars for parking lot passes.
Here is some helpful information from Santa Clara police about road closures and checkpoints:
- Tasman Drive will be closed between Convention Center Way and Calle de Sol from Sunday, January 31 through Tuesday, February 9. If the post-event construction is completed earlier, the road closure will be opened accordingly. This closure will include all forms of transportation (e.g. vehicles, pedestrians and bicyclists);
- Tasman Drive will be closed from Great America Parkway to Calle de Sol on Sunday, February 7;
- Lafayette Street will be closed in the southbound direction (only) on Sunday, February 7 from 8:00am until after the egress following the game, between Great America Way and Calle de Primavera. Northbound Lafayette Street will be open to residents. Residents are encouraged to come from the south to enter the neighborhoods off Lafayette Street;
- The #1 lane of southbound Great America Parkway will be closed on Sunday, February 7 between Old Glory Road and Mission College Boulevard;
- Betsy Ross Drive will be closed on Sunday, February 7 between Old Mountain View – Alviso Road and Bunker Hill Lane;
- Counterflow traffic routing will be implemented during the third quarter of the game on Great America Parkway from Levi’s Stadium to Highway 237 and Highway 101. As a result, the Great America Parkway exit on Highway 237 will be closed from the third quarter through the conclusion of the stadium egress;
- No parking will be allowed on the clearly marked posted section of Lick Mill Boulevard on Sunday, February 7;
- Residents should allow additional time for travel and may consider taking alternate routes to and from their homes;
- The City of Santa Clara Traffic Engineering Department has made live traffic cameras available to help individuals make travel decisions based on road conditions/
NOTE: Residents hosting Super Bowl parties please share this traffic advisory with your guests and encourage your guests to subscribe to Nixle for future traffic, weather and safety updates. The use of GPS systems is not recommended as it does not take into account road closures and the traffic plan developed exclusively for this event.
The San Tomas Aquino / Saratoga Creek Trail is closed between Agnew Road and Tasman Drive January 31 through February 9. If the post-event construction is completed earlier, the road closure will be opened accordingly. Instead, creek trail enthusiasts have two route choices on their journey toward Sunnyvale Baylands or Milpitas:
#1 – From Agnew, turn right on Mission College Boulevard, turn right on Great America Parkway and turn right on Old Mountain View / Alviso Road to catch the trail; or,
#2 – Right on Agnew, turn left on Lafayette Street and catch the trail north of Great America Way (but before Highway 237)
To reduce traffic in residential neighborhoods, the Santa Clara Police Department will have checkpoints at the following intersections:
- Lafayette Street and Calle de Primavera
- Bassett Street and Wyatt Drive
- Agnew Road and Lafayette Street
- Agnew Road and Mission College Boulevard
The Santa Clara Police Department can be contacted for non-emergencies at 408-615-5580 or 9-1-1 in the case of an emergency.