A hoverboard ignited at a home in Daly City

DALY CITY (BCN) – No one was injured after a hoverboard combusted as it was being charged in a Daly City home earlier this month, police said Thursday.

On April 4, around 10:30 p.m., fire officials responded to a report of hoverboard that caught fire at a home in the 200 block of Merced Boulevard, according to police.

The hover board had been left in the home’s kitchen to charge when it allegedly combusted, police said.

The home’s resident was able to put out the fire with a fire extinguisher before firefighters arrived, according to police.

It was not immediately clear if the home sustained any damage as a result of the fire.

Hoverboards catching fire has become a cause for concern for some residents after three Bay Area homes caught fire this year due to hoverboards.

On Jan 19, an unattended charging hoverboard caught fire inside a Santa Rosa home, killing two dogs. Then on Jan. 25, a hoverboard caught fire and exploded inside a Petaluma home.

A hoverboard was blamed for a two-alarm fire at a San Leandro home that occurred on Feb. 1.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s