Food left in microwave in classroom prompted firefighter response in Moraga

MORAGA (BCN) — Food that was left to heat in a microwave too long caused a blaze that brought firefighters to a Moraga high school Wednesday, Moraga-Orinda Fire District Chief Stephen Healy said.

Two fire engines responded to a fire alarm at Campolindo High School at 300 Moraga Road at 9:42 a.m. Wednesday, Healy said.

There was a small fire in an unoccupied classroom that some of the school’s janitors stamped out and fire crews helped ventilate the remaining smoke, Healy said.

It was determined to be caused by food that was incinerated in the microwave. Healy said the school will be handling any potential discipline of those responsible.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s