(KRON) — Authorities found prescription opioid medication on Prince and in his Minnesota home, a law enforcement official told CNN.
The musical genius was found unresponsive in an elevator at Paisley Park, his home and studio in Chanhassen, Minnesota, on April 21. He was 57 years old.
Opioid pills are commonly prescribed to treat pain. Investigators have brought in the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration to help with the case.
Prince suffered a health scare only a week before his death. He was treated for a potential overdose of pain medication, according to CNN.
An autopsy was performed on his body, but investigators are still awaiting the results.