OMAHA, NE (WCMH) – A dad in Nebraska learned to watch what he eats after ingesting four marijuana brownies and having to call paramedics.
The Omaha World-Herald reports that the 53-year-old man was unloading groceries Tuesday and apparently found some brownies in the back of the car, which his adult children had used earlier in the day. He ate four of them.
The man’s wife told police that he started having “bad anxiety” while they were watching television. She tried to call her children to ask, but couldn’t reach them.
Police showed up at the house, followed by one of the children, who told them he was “pretty sure” the brownies only had pot in them. The son told police the brownies belonged to his siblings.
Paramedics were called to the scene, and noted that the man’s vital signs were normal, the World-Herald reports. However, the man was behaving strangely, crawling on the floor, swearing, and calling the family cat names.
The man reportedly told paramedics he felt like “he’s trippin’.”
The man did not want to go to the hospital, so paramedics helped him to his bedroom. The man and his wife were told to call 911 again if he started feeling worse.
Police have not filed any charges over the edibles.