SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) — A 26-year-old Stockton man was shot and killed outside of a San Francisco after-hours nightclub early Sunday morning.
The shooting comes just days after prosecutors dropped charges against two men accused of fatally shooting another man inside the same nightclub back in June.
John Sanyaolu, along with two others, was found suffering from gunshot wounds near the Endup nightclub, located at 401 Sixth St., at around 2 a.m. Sunday, police said.
The trio was taken to a hospital, police said, where Sanyaolu died. The other two victims suffered injuries not considered life-threatening.
The shooting reportedly occurred following an altercation inside the nightclub, according to police. The suspects, who were not apprehended, were described as two men between the ages of 25 and 30, police said.
Police have made no arrests in the shooting.
The latest shooting at the Endup came only days after two suspects in a fatal shooting there in June were released for a lack of evidence.
Last week, San Francisco prosecutors dropped charges against Charles Gardner, 25, and Terrance Webb, 37, in connection with the shooting death of 19-year-old San Francisco resident Sean Ford, according to
On June 5, officers were on patrol around 2 a.m. near Sixth and Folsom streets when they heard gunshots. The officers searched the area and saw people running out of the EndUp, police said.
Inside, they located Ford suffering from gunshot wounds. He was taken to a hospital, where he died a short while later, according to police.
On Wednesday, prosecutors dropped all charges against Gardner and Webb following the presentation of evidence in a preliminary hearing.
Deputy Public Defender Manohar Raju, who represented Gardner, said the prosecutors’ case did not stand up to a closer examination of the video and ballistic evidence.
He said Gardner works in const works in construction, volunteers as a youth basketball coach and is a “beloved member of the Bayview-Hunters Point community.”
Bay City News contributed to this report.