NOTICE OF JOB OPENING
POSITION: EXECUTIVE PRODUCER DIGITAL
REPORTS TO: NEWS DIRECTOR
DATE OF POSTING: August 23, 2016 (POSITION IS OPEN UNTIL FILLED)
Media General’s KRON4, the San Francisco Bay Area’s Local New Station, seeks an Executive Producer – Digital. The ideal candidate will ensure that all digital objectives, including both internet and mobile, maintain or exceed our news goals. This will be a regular, full-time, non-union, exempt position. Schedule will be flexible, but may include evenings and weekends.
- Oversee daily editorial direction with input from the newsroom managers
- Plan web and social media coverage for big events
- Manage staff of digital producers
- Provide feedback on editorial direction to digital producers
- Preparing, writing, copy-editing and posting news, sports, community, programming, and promotional content from television and other sources for the web site, mobile platforms, and social media sites under the KRON 4 brand
- Building special sections and other custom content for breaking news and other ongoing coverage efforts
- Capturing, encoding, and editing video for the web
- Administering and moderating KRON 4 News social media outreaches including the Facebook fan page, the Twitter account, and comments on KRON4.com in accordance with established standards
- Working closely with news, programming, promotions, and sales departments
- Management reserves the discretion to add or modify job duties as required
- Excellent writing and editing skills, attention to detail
- Familiarity with news writing and journalistic standards
- Familiarity with desktop editing and graphics programs such as PhotoShop
- Strong interest in social media and its application to news coverage. Experience as a moderator or admin of a Facebook fan page, Twitter Account, Instagram etc
- Good news judgment
- Must be a self-starter, hard-worker, have a great attitude, be versatile and efficient
EOE M/F/D/V ~ Background check and drug screen required.
Qualified applicants can apply online at www.mediageneral.com.
PLEASE INDICATE IN YOUR COVER LETTER WHERE YOU HEARD ABOUT THIS JOB OPENING.
Young Broadcasting of San Francisco, Inc., is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, physical or mental handicap, disability, sexual orientation, citizenship, veteran status, or age. Discriminatory employment is specifically prohibited by the Federal Communications Commission. If you believe your Equal Employment Rights have been violated, you may contact the FCC in Washington, DC 20054, or other appropriate state or local agencies.
Young Broadcasting of San Francisco, Inc., is a drug-free Company and requires pre-employment drug testing and background investigations.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE – THANK YOU.
FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT JOB OPENINGS AT KRON 4, PLEASE REFER TO OUR WEBSITE, WWW.KRON4.COM.