NOTICE OF JOB OPENING
POSITION: RESEARCH DIRECTOR
REPORTS TO: GENERAL SALES MANAGER
DATE OF POSTING: May 18, 2016 (POSITION IS OPEN UNTIL FILLED)
This is a regular, full time position.
- Ability to create and deliver quality presentations and research materials utilizing Power Point, Excel, Photoshop, Adobe, Emerging tools, etc.
- Ability to differentiate our brand in the marketplace by working with a team of salespeople to develop custom advertiser solutions/marketing pieces and packages utilizing the latest research data.
- Overseeing, analyzing and maintaining all research information and functions from Nielsen, Rentrak, Ad Views, Kantar, Scarborough/Prime Next, ComScore, Media Center, OSI and other tools that support and enhance the sales and marketing effectiveness of our brands in the marketplace.
- Excellent presentation skills and comfortable presenting alongside a team of account executives and Management on key client calls.
- Ability to provide valuable research data to GM, News and Promotion, ex. compiling and distributing relevant ratings facts, trends and analysis, ratings successes and challenges.
- Capacity to perform additional duties as assigned. Some levels of data entry, systems maintenance, report running, etc.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience, preferably working inside a Top 20 Market
- Minimum of 3-5 years of research experience inside a local television station sales department
- Highly skilled working with Nielsen Media Research
- Expert level proficiency in all MS Office products, primarily MS Word, MS Excel and MS Power Point
- Expert skill level with media related software including OSI, AdConnections, Ad Views, Kantar, Google Analytics and other comparable software
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience preferred in marketing, English or Statistics
- Excellent writing and presentation skills
- Top level knowledge and background based in television sales/research/promotion/marketing with an understanding of competitive media, ratings calculation, estimating and qualitative measurements
- Must be able to effectively position a solid independent station with creative research and out of the box thinking
- The ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- The knowledge and capability to have executive level conversations about the industry and marketplace
EOE M/F/D/V ~ Background check and drug screen required.
Qualified applicants can apply online at www.mediageneral.com.
PLEASE INDICATE IN YOUR COVER LETTER WHERE YOU HEARD ABOUT THIS
Young Broadcasting of San Francisco, Inc., is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, physical or mental handicap, disability, sexual orientation, citizenship, veteran status, or age. Discriminatory employment is specifically prohibited by the Federal Communications Commission. If you believe your Equal Employment Rights have been violated, you may contact the FCC in Washington, DC 20054, or other appropriate state or local agencies.
Young Broadcasting of San Francisco, Inc., is a drug-free Company and requires pre-employment drug testing and background investigations.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE – THANK YOU.
FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT JOB OPENINGS AT KRON 4, PLEASE REFER TO OUR WEBSITE, WWW.KRON4.COM.