Two men injured in San Francisco house fire

SAN FRANCISCO (KRON)—Two men have been displaced by a house fire in San Francisco’s Outer Mission neighborhood Thursday, according to fire officials.

The cause of the fire was someone smoking, a fire spokesman said.

The fire was reported around 11:45 a.m. on Rae Ave. It started on the second floor of the building and quickly spread, fire department spokesman Jonathan Baxter said.

It was under control in 15 minutes, but the area where the fire started has significantly burned, Baxter said.

The two men who live in the home suffered from smoke inhalation. One of them was taken to the hospital in stable condition.

The other man was treated at the scene, Baxter said.

Firefighters determined a smoking accident caused the fire, which caused smoke inhalation injuries to the two men living at the home.

The two declined American Red Cross assistance because they have family in the area, but firefighters left them with information about city services anyways, Baxter said.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s