(KRON)—Baltimore sports radio personality Nestor Aparicio is thanking his wife’s bone marrow donor with a surprise sports tour across the United States.
Aparicio’s wife Jenn was fighting a rare form of leukemia.
Jenn was able to find her bone marrow match through DKMS , a non-profit that works to fight blood cancer.
Niels Domogalla of Germany saved Jenn’s life not just once, but twice when her cancer came back in 2015.
Jenn and Nestor Aparicio are thanking Domogalla with a surprise sports tour across the United States for his 24th birthday.
Throughout the tour, they will also encourage people to become bone marrow donors as part of National Marrow Awareness Month.
Here is a list Domogalla had the chance to see that was part of his birthday surprise:
- Monday, November 7: Detroit Pistons at Los Angeles Clippers
- Tuesday, November 8: Dallas Mavericks at Los Angeles Lakers
- Wednesday, November 9: Dallas Mavericks at Golden State Warriors
- Friday, November 11: Cleveland Cavaliers at Washington Wizards
- Monday, November 14: Dallas Mavericks at New York Knicks