Academy of Science Reindeer
SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) — Tomorrow the California Academy of Sciences opens their “‘Tis the Season for Science” exhibit. The main attraction will be the “Reindeer on the Roof.” Two reindeer named Velvet an Tinsel will be lounging in the East Garden until the exhibit closes on January 8th. Guests can learn more about these fascinating creatures at the ‘Reindeer Rendezvous,’ happening daily at noon.
Here’s some other ways in which the Academy has decked their halls for the holidays:
– Indoor snow flurries twice an hour
– A “Snowman Theater,” which is an immersive digital dome shaped like a giant snowman. Inside is a children’s show about the wonders of the Northern Lights.
– Interactive reindeer displays where you can see first hand how their antlers grow, how their fur insulates against the cold, and experience a simulation of reindeer vision.
– There will be a stage for holiday-themed quiz shows and live musical performances.
– Last, but not least, we can’t forget about the penguins. Every day at 11 a.m. there will and interactive penguin program for children under ten.