Disney California Adventure Park has kicked off their Festival of Holidays. Running through January 8, this ongoing series of fun events combines the best of Disney inspired by seasonal traditions from around the world: Christmas, Chanukah, Kwanzaa, Three Kings Day…the list goes on.
- Good Eats – One of the mainstays of any holiday party is food and Disney does not disappoint. Abuelita’s Kitchen is serving tamales and sopes. Mistletoe Morsels is offering Swedish meatballs and eggnog. Nosh & Nibbles is bringing the brisket and noodle kugel. Lots more options to satisfy any palate.
- Party in the Streets – As is their custom, Disney California Adventure will be putting on a number of parades, including Disney ¡Viva Navidad! and a Three Kings’ Day celebration. Set up early to get the best views.
- RAISE – Head to the Pacific Wharf Stage for RAISE, an a capella group performing a variety of holiday classics.
- Mostly Kosher – Take a trip to Eastern Europe with this unique Klezmer group. But don’t expect a traditional approach. Mostly Kosher incorporates jazz, rock, hip-hop and Latin beats.
- Mariachi Divas – This all-women group performs holiday standards in Spanish and English.
- Blue13 Dance Company – Add a little Bollywood to your holidays as Blue13 performs traditional Indian folk dance on Paradise Pier.
“Festival of Holidays at Disney California Adventure, is an opportunity for families to delight and enjoy in all kinds of cultural festivities from all over,” said Susana Tubert, Disneyland Creative Director.
There’s a lot more. Princess Elena’s Musical Grand Arrival will celebrate the new Disney character at Paradise Pier. The Holiday Toy Drummers offer a different kind of drum line. The Stilt Circus brings their own special brand of ‘elevated’ comedy. And of course, there’s Santa, who will be joined by his elves at Redwood Creek Challenge Trail.
Top off the day with the World of Color –Season of Light, a spectacular water and light show at Paradise Pier. When the sun goes down, the colors come up.
“This beautiful and emotional show takes you back into your memories for the holidays. We’ve taken fantastic traditional songs that everyone knows and we’ve mixed them with Disney media,” said Steven Davison, Parades & Spectaculars Executive.
Where to Stay
For lodging, what could be better than Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa. “The spectacular location is nestled between Downtown Disney and Disney California Adventure which allows our guests to be fully immersed in the magic of the Disneyland Resort,” said Dan Coleman, Disney’s Grand Californian General Manager.
This hotel is an absolute favorite of mine – a warm and inviting retreat inspired by the lodges of the great Northwest. The four-star amenities are complemented by the craftsman style surroundings and architecture. Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa celebrates the romantic Arts & Crafts movement of early 20th century California. Designed to capture the artistic exploration of California’s coastlines with its Monterey pines and redwood forests, the hotel is layered with the memories of the arroyo craftsmen, the mission pioneers and the Plein Air school of painters. To learn more about the history of the hotel, make sure to signup for their free tour offered exclusively to guests.
Are we there yet? The holiday season moves fast, so don’t miss this abundance of incredible foods and shows at Disney California Adventure Park.