NOTICE OF JOB OPENING
POSITION: NEWSCAST PRODUCER
REPORTS TO: EXECUTIVE PRODUCER/NEWS DIRECTOR
DATE OF POSTING: November 3, 2016 (POSITION IS OPEN UNTIL FILLED)
Media General’s station, KRON4, the San Francisco Bay Area’s Local News Station, seeks a Newscast Producer. This position is responsible for creating a daily newscast for an assigned time slot, using various resources such as reporters, writers, video, wire copy, and information gathered in the newsroom.
This will be a full time, non-union, non-exempt position.
- Complete entire rundown at least 1 hour before the show airs
- Check logs to verify on and off times as wells as commercial break lengths
- Write all teases, preshows, cold opens
- View and approve video clips, OTS’s, camios
- Edit video for stories and teases using desktop editing system
- Be prepared for breaking news
- Talk to reporters, assignment editors, directors, associate producers directly
- Communicate clearly with control room staff and anchors
- Management reserves the discretion to add or modify job duties as required
- 3 – 5 years’ experience producing compelling newscasts in a medium to major market
- Demonstrated ability to use state of the art live and graphic technologies, digital editing systems, and to work with writers, reporters and assignment editors on story development
- College degree or equivalent in journalism/communications or broadcasting preferred
- Must be a self-starter, hard worker, have a great attitude, and be versatile and efficient
EOE/MINORITIES/FEMALES/VETERANS/DISABLED ~ Background check and drug screen required.
Qualified applicants can apply online at https://nexstar.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/JobSearch/search.
PLEASE INDICATE IN YOUR COVER LETTER WHERE YOU HEARD ABOUT THIS JOB OPENING.
Young Broadcasting of San Francisco, Inc., is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, physical or mental handicap, disability, sexual orientation, citizenship, veteran status, or age. Discriminatory employment is specifically prohibited by the Federal Communications Commission. If you believe your Equal Employment Rights have been violated, you may contact the FCC in Washington, DC 20054, or other appropriate state or local agencies.
Young Broadcasting of San Francisco, Inc., is a drug-free Company and requires pre-employment drug testing and background investigations.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE – THANK YOU.
FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT JOB OPENINGS AT KRON 4, PLEASE REFER TO OUR WEBSITE, WWW.KRON4.COM.