POSITION: ASSIGNMENT DESK
REPORTS TO: NEWS DIRECTOR
DATE OF POSTING: February 8, 2017 (POSITION IS OPEN UNTIL FILLED)
Nexstar Media Group Inc.’s station, KRON4, the San Francisco Bay Area’s Local News Station, seeks an Assignment Desk Editor. The ideal candidate will have a strong editorial voice and an aggressive approach to breaking news. Responsible for generating and developing news stories for both broadcast and web.
This will be a full time, non-union, non-exempt position.
* 2-5 year’s newsroom assignment desk experience preferred
* Demonstrated ability to work with writers, reporters on story development
* Possess an aggressive commitment to breaking news and desire to beat the competition
* Be able to make important editorial decisions quickly, work well under pressure
* Have strong communication skills and be a proven newsroom leader
* Play an active role with station web site and use of social media facilitate news coverage
* Management reserves the discretion to add or modify job duties as required
* Must be a self-starter, hard worker, have a great attitude, and be versatile and efficient
EOE MINORITIES/FEMALES/DISABLED/VETERANS ~ Background check and drug screen required.
Qualified applicants can apply online at https://nexstar.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/JobSearch/search.
PLEASE INDICATE IN YOUR COVER LETTER WHERE YOU HEARD ABOUT THIS JOB OPENING.
Young Broadcasting of San Francisco, Inc., is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, physical or mental handicap, disability, sexual orientation, citizenship, veteran status, or age. Discriminatory employment is specifically prohibited by the Federal Communications Commission. If you believe your Equal Employment Rights have been violated, you may contact the FCC in Washington, DC 20054, or other appropriate state or local agencies.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE – THANK YOU. FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT CURRENT JOB OPENINGS, PLEASE REFER TO WWW.KRON4.COM UNDER “KRON 4 JOBS.”