OROVILLE (KRON)—Butte County has evacuation centers open for those who have been evacuated because the Oroville Dam emergency spillway is expected to break.
- Silver Dollar Fairgrounds, 2357 Fair Street, Chico (small animals accepted) now full as of 7:39 p.m.
- Neighborhood Church, 2801 Notre Dame, Chico,
- Paradise Alliance Church (CMA), 6491 Clark Road (small animals accepted, RVs allowed in Parking Lot)
- Elks Lodge (Paradise) 1100 Elks Lane, Paradise – (no small animals accepted, RVs allowed in Parking Lot)
The Silver Dollars Fairground is closed because it has been filled to capacity. The Neighborhood Church is open for evacuees who are heading to Chico.
Evacuation shelter at the Silver Dollar Fair is now full. An additional shelter is open at Neighborhood Church in Chico, 2801 Notre Dame
— Butte County, CA (@CountyofButte) February 13, 2017
Locations for RVs:
- Rolling Hils RV Park, Corning
- Large Animal Shelter, Camelot Equestrian Center, 1985 Clark Road
Opening up additional shelters is being evaluated by officials. Most motels in Chico are full, according to the California Department of Water Resources.