SAN JOSE (KRON) — There is a mandatory evacuation in place for the Rock Springs area of San Jose due to flooding, according to city officials.
San Jose Fire and Police Departments are currently assisting residents evacuate the Rock Springs area near Senter Road and Phelan Avenue.
500 household are affected by the mandatory evacuations. 186 residents have been evacuated.
There is a voluntary evacuation in place for residents in the low-lying areas near Coyote Creek, from Capital Expressway to Interstate 880.
The City of San Jose has designated two evacuation centers:
• Roosevelt Community Center – 901 E. Santa Clara St. SJ 95116
• Shirakawa Community Center – 2072 Lucretia Ave 95122
As residents and business prepare for possible evacuation, they should complete the following tasks before leaving:
1. Gather all family members or other individuals.
2. Gather all pets.
3. Gather only essential items including medications.
4. Turn off all appliances and lights.
5. Lock and secure your home or business