Minnesota boy dies after caught on dressing room coat hook

MINNESOTA(KRON)– A four-year-old boy in Minnesota died on Saturday after his hoodie got tangled in a coat hanger.

Rue Gonzalez accompanied his grandmother to a thrift store and managed to slip away.

“He was playing.That’s the only way I can describe it because he’s very curious, very adventurous,” said the boy’s mother Denise Gonzalez.

Rue went into a dressing room and climbed onto a bench, according to police.

While in the dressing, Rue’s hoodie got caught in a hook and he suffocated after not being able to free himself,

His feet weren’t able to touch the ground, police said.

The accident happened in the blink of any eye.

Police encouraged parents to be extra cautious of their children’s surroundings.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s