SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) — A mob of teenagers dragged a woman off of a San Francisco Municipal Railway bus and robbed her Wednesday night in San Francisco, according to police.
The robbery happened at around 9:40 p.m. in the city’s Western Addition neighborhood near Fillmore and McAllister streets.
The 30-year-old victim was on a bus when a suspect approached and tried to rob her, police said.
Several other suspects then dragged her off the bus and punched her while taking her cellphone, wallet and some of her clothing before fleeing north on Fillmore Street, police said.
The victim told police that the group consisted of four boys and six girls ages 13 to 15. No arrests have been made.
The victim did not require hospitalization after the robbery, according to police.
Anyone with information about the case is encouraged to call the Police Department’s anonymous tip line at (415) 575-4444 or to send a tip by text message to TIP411 with “SFPD” in the message.
Stay with KRON4 News for updates
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- Lawyer says United passenger dragged off plane has concussion, lost teeth
- Mother shares final moments of son’s battle with cancer
- Family of teen killed by Fremont police wants answers
- Boy, 8, drives little sister to McDonald’s for cheeseburgers
- People Behaving Badly: Attention BART fare evaders, the free ride is over