SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) — There are major delays on BART in the East Bay due to an equipment problem, according to officials.
The delays are happening in both directions between the Pittsburg/Bay Point and North Concord stations Friday afternoon.
The delays, up to 20 minutes were announced via twitter at about 2 p.m. and are affecting trains heading toward both SFO and Pittsburg, according to BART.
The disruption is due to a trackside equipment problem that BART crews are “working to troubleshoot and correct,” BART said in a statement.
Passengers are being moved between the two stations via special shuttle trains.
BART officials expect the problem to persist through Friday evening’s commute.
Bay City News contributed to this report.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- Afghanistan: Massive US bomb kills 36 Islamic State fighters
- Department of Defense releases bombing video
- TROUBLING TREND: Dead sharks washing up on Bay Area shorelines
- Lost therapy dog reunited with Concord boy
- Thieves steal ashes from rental car in SF
- Boy, 8, drives little sister to McDonald’s for cheeseburgers
- People Behaving Nicely: Can you convince someone not to behave badly?