PHOENIX (AP) — Authorities say a former NFL player was moving a truck that ran over and killed his 3-year-daughter in the driveway of their suburban Phoenix home.
The Arizona Republic reports that police say Todd Heap was behind the wheel of the truck when he accidentally struck the girl while moving the vehicle forward outside their home in Mesa on Friday.
Officials say the girl was taken to a hospital, where she was pronounced dead.
Mesa police say impairment was not a factor.
Heap played for the Baltimore Ravens and Arizona Cardinals. He also played at Arizona State University, where he was a two-time All-Pac-10 selection.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- TROUBLING TREND: Dead sharks washing up on Bay Area shorelines
- Lost therapy dog reunited with Concord boy
- Thieves steal ashes from rental car in SF
- Scorpion falls out of overhead bin, stings passenger on United Airlines flight
- People Behaving Nicely: Can you convince someone not to behave badly?