BERKELEY (KRON)–A 21-year-old University of California, Berkeley student died after she fell from a third-floor balcony early Sunday morning, according to police.
Coroners identified the victim as Kimberly Tze of Elk Grove.
The incident occurred around 12:10 a.m. in the 2700 block of Dwight Way near the campus, according to Berkeley police.
Tze was transported to Highland Hospital in Oakland, where she died from her injuries.
Police are currently investigating the cause of her fall and whether drugs or alcohol played a role.
Fire officials told KRON4 News they believe the fall was accidental.
Tze was a junior at UC Berkeley where she was finishing up her degree in computer science.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- VIDEO: 21 arrested in violent pro, anti-Trump protests in Berkeley
- 9 teens injured in Vallejo house party shooting
- Missing teen found, held by allegedly abusive boyfriend in Santa Rosa
- Cafeteria worker fired after giving extra food to students without lunch money
- DNA leads to arrest in murder of jogger
- TROUBLING TREND: Dead sharks washing up on Bay Area shorelines