WASHINGTON (AP) – The New England Patriot’s Rob Gronkowski paid a surprise visit to the White House briefing room during Wednesday’s televised briefing.
The tight end popped his head into the briefing room and jokingly asked Press Secretary Sean Spicer whether he needed any help, drawing laughs. “I think I got this. But thank you,” Spicer responded.
The Super Bowl champions are visiting the White House to accept congratulations from President Donald Trump for another NFL title.
Spicer, a Patriots fan, seemed to appreciate the interruption, saying: “that was cool.”
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- Ex-NFL star Aaron Hernandez dead after hanging self in cell
- McDonald’s pit stop for chicken McNuggets, fries led police to Facebook killer
- Drifters sentenced in Marin, San Francisco murder cases
- Suspect in Fresno shooting spree shouts ‘Allahu Akbar’ when arrested
- Mountain lion snatches dog off bed inside of Pescadero home
- Florida woman arrested after posting Facebook live video
- Earth’s close encounter with massive asteroid