WASHINGTON, D.C. (KRON) — At least seven people were arrested in Washington, D.C. Thursday at a pro-marijuana rally.
The activists were arrested while reportedly handing out free joints to congressional staff and people who work on Capitol Hill.
Demonstrators used the 4/20 holiday to protest federal law interfering with states that have legalized marijuana.
While it is legal to have up to two ounces of pot in the District of Columbia, police say they were enforcing federal laws when making the arrests.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- All 3 victims in Fresno shooting spree identified
- Oakland resident shot during home invasion
- McDonald’s pit stop for chicken McNuggets, fries led police to Facebook killer
- San Francisco prepares for 420 celebration on Hippie Hill
- Suspect in Fresno shooting spree shouts ‘Allahu Akbar’ when arrested
- Mountain lion snatches dog off bed inside of Pescadero home
- Florida woman arrested after posting Facebook live video
- VIDEO: Loud sex sounds interrupt pro tennis match in Florida