NORFOLK, Va. (AP) — A Virginia man has been charged in the shooting death of his 3-year-old son.
Norfolk Police said Thursday in a statement that 26-year-old Rayvon Messer is charged with second-degree murder.
Police say paramedics responded Wednesday night to find the boy outside a home in the Ocean View area of the city. Rayvon A. Messer Jr. died from the gunshot wound shortly after being rushed to a hospital.
Police haven’t released any more details about the circumstances surrounding the shooting, which is under investigation.
Messer is being held without bail. He’s also charged with using a firearm in the commission of a felony.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- All 3 victims in Fresno shooting spree identified
- Oakland resident shot during home invasion
- McDonald’s pit stop for chicken McNuggets, fries led police to Facebook killer
- San Francisco prepares for 420 celebration on Hippie Hill
- Suspect in Fresno shooting spree shouts ‘Allahu Akbar’ when arrested
- Mountain lion snatches dog off bed inside of Pescadero home
- Florida woman arrested after posting Facebook live video
- VIDEO: Loud sex sounds interrupt pro tennis match in Florida