SAN DIEGO (KRON) — On Thursday a jury in San Diego decided Petco is not liable for the death of a boy who died from a rat bite.
The pet rat was purchased at a Petco store in San Diego back in 2013.
10-year-old Aidan Pankey contracted rat-bite fever after he was exposed to the infected rat.
The boy’s family sued Petco for $20 million, accusing them of not doing enough to prevent infected rats from being sold, and not warning customers.
Jurors say although it was a tough decision, they found Petco was not negligent in the boy’s death.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- Couple accused of trying to murder baby in San Leandro McDonald’s
- Lease: No rent for Raiders at Las Vegas stadium
- New rules for San Francisco’s 4/20 marijuana festival
- Police department’s 4/20 munchies trap goes viral
- Oakland resident shot during home invasion
- McDonald’s pit stop for chicken McNuggets, fries led police to Facebook killer
- San Francisco prepares for 420 celebration on Hippie Hill
- Suspect in Fresno shooting spree shouts ‘Allahu Akbar’ when arrested
- Mountain lion snatches dog off bed inside of Pescadero home
- VIDEO: Loud sex sounds interrupt pro tennis match in Florida