Unattended candle starts fire in Sunnyvale home

(Courtesy of Meena Paramaswamy)


SUNNYVALE (BCN)–An unattended candle started a two-alarm fire Saturday evening in a Sunnyvale home that caused major damage to the home, officials with the Sunnyvale Department of Public Safety said today.

Firefighters responded at 7:26 p.m. to a report of a burning tree next to a two-story home in the 1300 block of Elsona Court.
Crews battling 2-alarm fire in Sunnyvale
The first firefighters to arrive saw flames coming out of a second-floor window.

The fire was challenging to put out because solar panels and panels connected to a swimming pool were on the roof, according to public safety officials.

But crews were able to keep the fire from spreading beyond the home.

The occupant of the home got out before firefighters arrived. But she suffered a burn before she left as she tried to put out the fire.

She was treated outside by paramedics and decided not to go to a hospital, public safety officials said.

Video submitted by Meena Paramaswamy.

WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:

>> MORE TOP STORIES

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s