SAN JOSE (BCN) — A 22-year-old man who was shot to death at a San Jose motel early Saturday morning has been identified by police as Dominic LaShawn Smith Jr. of San Jose.
The shooting was reported at 3:24 a.m. at the Motel 6 at 1041 The Alameda, near Park Avenue Preschool in the Garden Alameda neighborhood.
Police found Smith and two other men suffering from gunshot wounds. The two other men were treated at a hospital for injuries that were not life-threatening, but Smith died at the scene, police said.
Police have not made any arrests in the homicide, which was the city’s eighth this year.
Anyone with information about the case has been asked to contact San Jose police detective sergeants Jesus Mendoza or Bert Milliken at (408) 277-5283.
Those wishing to remain anonymous can call (408) 947-7867.
Informants may be eligible for a cash reward from the Silicon Valley Crime Stoppers.
Top Posts & Pages
- VIDEO: 40 to 60 teens swarm Oakland BART train, rob passengers
- VIDEO: 6-figure salary considered “low-income” in parts of Bay Area
- Mob Attack: BART has video inside train car
- Watch KRON 4 newscasts on live streams
- Man hurt in shooting near Eastridge Mall in East San Jose
- VIDEO: 5 dead in 10 days from suspected heroin overdoses in Santa Rosa
- 2 people seriously hurt in possible drive-by shooting in Hayward
- BART identifies multiple suspects in Oakland Coliseum mob attack
- TROUBLING TREND: Dead sharks washing up on Bay Area shorelines
- VIDEO: Warriors get a break after drama-filled opening series