SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — San Francisco Giants ace Madison Bumgarner is expected to be sidelined until after the All-Star break following injuries sustained in a dirt-biking accident.
The 27-year-old suffered a Grade 2 AC joint sprain in the April 20 crash on the team’s day off in Colorado.
Bumgarner started rehab Friday focused on improving his range of motion, Giants manager Bruce Bochy said Friday. He is not expected to return before the All-Star break, which runs from July 10-13.
Bumgarner is 0-3 with a 3.00 ERA in four starts this season. He is in the last guaranteed season of a $35.56 million, six-year contract that includes team options for 2018 and 2019.
Top Posts & Pages
- Watch KRON 4 newscasts on live streams
- VIDEO: Police in standoff with murder suspect who allegedly shot and killed woman in Walnut Creek
- VIDEO: Highway 101 in San Mateo shut down due to fatal officer-involved shooting; stemmed from road rage incident
- VIDEO: Police stand-off with Walnut Creek murder suspect continues in Martinez
- VIDEO: BART identifies multiple suspects in Oakland Coliseum mob attack
- VIDEO: Protesters gather in Berkeley after cancellation of Ann Coulter speech
- United passenger reaches settlement with airline
- Vallejo neighborhood sideshow caught on camera
- Suspect in East Bay police standoff had ‘dating relationship’ with murder victim
- VIDEO: 6-figure salary considered “low-income” in parts of Bay Area