HOLLYWOOD, Fla. (AP) — Police say a 48-year-old Florida man used a pipe wrench to beat his pregnant wife to death in front of their four children after an argument over whether the baby was his.
The SunSentinel reports Claude Sejour called 911 and waited for police outside his Hollywood home Wednesday night.
A police report says Sejour told officers he killed his wife during an argument after his wife put her boyfriend on speaker phone. He told Sejour that Joseph was pregnant with his child.
Officers found Marie Carmel Joseph lifeless on a bed inside the home. Officers said the 17-year-old daughter was shaking her mother’s body as the other children — ages 14, 12 and 4 — were nearby.
Sejour is charged with first-degree murder. A lawyer isn’t listed on records.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- 6-figure salary considered “low-income” in parts of Bay Area
- 40 to 60 teens swarm Oakland BART train, rob passengers
- Dispatch audio from Oakland BART train attack, robbery
- VIDEO: Starbucks barista has meltdown over Unicorn Frappuccino
- Official: 3-year-old died after car window closed on neck
- Couple accused of trying to murder baby in San Leandro McDonald’s
- Mountain lion snatches dog off bed inside of Pescadero home