UNION CITY (KRON) — A toddler died Saturday afternoon after being struck by a vehicle in a parking lot in Union City, according to police.
The accident occurred at 3:15 p.m. at a parking lot located on 1720 Decoto Road, upon arrival officers located a 23-month-old child under the vehicle.
Police said the child was removed from under the vehicle and quickly transported to nearby trauma center, but succumbed to his injuries while at the trauma center.
After a preliminary investigation officers learned the child was running from a store, where the parents were shopping. The child ran into the parking lot and was struck by a slow moving vehicle.
Police said alcohol nor drugs seem to be the cause of the accident, and the driver is fully cooperating with the police.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- 6-figure salary considered “low-income” in parts of Bay Area
- 40 to 60 teens swarm Oakland BART train, rob passengers
- Dispatch audio from Oakland BART train attack, robbery
- VIDEO: Starbucks barista has meltdown over Unicorn Frappuccino
- Official: 3-year-old died after car window closed on neck
- Couple accused of trying to murder baby in San Leandro McDonald’s
- Mountain lion snatches dog off bed inside of Pescadero home