SAN BRUNO (KRON) — A woman was seriously injured Saturday afternoon in a hit and run collision in San Bruno, according to police.
Around 1:43 p.m., San Bruno police officers responded to a report of a hit and run collision involving a car and a person riding a scooter at the intersection of Huntington Ave. and Herman St.
When officers arrived they found a 21-year-old woman lying in the roadway suffering from significant injuries, according to police.
The car that struck her had fled the scene, police said.
The victim was taken to a local hospital for treatment.
Officers were able to find the suspect car and the driver in South San Francisco. The driver was identified as 64-year-old Rafael Guerrero of South San Francisco.
Guerrero was arrested and booked into the San Mateo County Jail on suspicion of hit and run involving a serious injury, police said.
This incident remains under investigation and anyone with information is asked to contact San Bruno police at (650) 616-7100 or email@example.com.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- 6-figure salary considered “low-income” in parts of Bay Area
- 40 to 60 teens swarm Oakland BART train, rob passengers
- Dispatch audio from Oakland BART train attack, robbery
- VIDEO: Starbucks barista has meltdown over Unicorn Frappuccino
- Official: 3-year-old died after car window closed on neck
- Couple accused of trying to murder baby in San Leandro McDonald’s
- Mountain lion snatches dog off bed inside of Pescadero home